Tuesday 31 July 2012

Fitness Journal #10 - Before and After

Warning : This post contains images of myself TOPLESS. If you find the idea of me topless extremely disturbing, STOP READING NOW. I WARNED YOU.

I repeat, stop reading!!

Ok la I'm actually shy. Please don't laugh at my skinny body k.



It's been almost 3 months since I began to work out + eat more. I've spent A LOT of money on the extra food - daily yoghurt cups, milk (I drink like 500ml a day), chicken breast (eat about 4+ times a week), pasta + whatever else. Then there's the gym membership of about $50, and the big bottle of protein powder which I'm almost finishing, just in time before I leave.

So what do I have to show for it?

From a light 59KG (19.5 BMI), I'm now a more healthy 66KG (21.8 BMI). I actually peaked at 68.5KG, but I stopped my heavy diet of carbs+5meals a day and dropped to a 4 meals a day without carbs diet, and managed to cut to 66.

How about physical appearance? Well the changes are not drastic, but let's take a look:

[caption id="attachment_1689" align="alignleft" width="320"] Before. I look gaunt. Ribs are showing :/[/caption]



After. I look more filled out, ribs not jutting out anymore.
 

 

And a side by side comparison:



While I didn't exactly BULK UP like a lot, I think I've filled out a lot of the skin and bones I used to be. I never knew I was THAT skinny! Now I look a lot more healthy and not undernourished lolol.

You can see my arms are fuller, my torso is fuller (no ribcage protruding anymore), and my chest is fuller.

I know it's slightly unfair cos I have a nice tan in the After shots and I'm pale-looking in the Before shots hahaha but oh well.

[caption id="attachment_1695" align="alignleft" width="500"] Sorry the angle is a bit different in the after shot[/caption]

I'm not sure why my torso's side profile looks MUCH broader (shut up it's not my tummy! I'm sucking in already LOL)

As you can see my chest is biggerrrr.

Ok ok just two more pictures!



And one more:



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yup that's it!

I must add a disclaimer though - I am sucking in my tummy for all of the shots lolol.

Yes, I have a protruding tummy which I hope to get rid off ASAP by running and swimming :( SO difficult though, if only tummies disappeared just by doing crunches.. then I'll do 100 a day or something.

Now after I have filled out a bit better, my next goal is to bulk up! I want to look a bit bigger, and hope for my arms to be more chiselled. And of course lose that belly! Flat abs !!  These three will be my primary goals when I spend my next 5 months in the US :)

To conclude this entry, just a quick recap of what I did in the past 3 months:

Diet

Moved from eating 3 meals a day to 5 meals a day, aiming to hit 3000 calories daily. My diet was what I wrote here, minus the protein shake (I felt too full after dinner and couldn't take it), plus a cup of yoghurt every night. This resulted in me ballooning to almost 69, but I trimmed it to 66 by dropping my diet as mentioned earlier in this post.

Eating was actually more difficult than gymming - I felt totally bloated for most of the day in the first few weeks of my increased diet. I was literally stuffing food into my mouth grudgingly, totally not hungry each time I ate. My body finally got used to it about 1 month+ into this, and I could eat my additional meals more easily.

Exercise

I did very little cardio up till 2 weeks ago, apart from the weekly basketball sessions and maybe once a week jogs. Apart from that, my gym weights improved as such:

Bench Press (5x5) - 27.5KG -> 55KG

Squats (5x5) - 20KG -> 65KG

Deadlifts  (1x5) - 30KG -> 57.5KG 

Shoulder Press (5x5) - 20KG -> 27.5KG (I barely worked on this lolz)

BB Bicep Curls (3x8) 20KG -> 25KG (only began on this in the past month)

DB horizontal flies (3x8) - 10KG -> 16KG

DB inclined (30ยบ) (3x8) - 10KG -> 18KG

Bench Press and Squats were my core workouts, but I've recently dropped Squats because I don't want to develop my legs so much lol. So I'm only doing them once a week now. And I only began doing the last 3 exercises maybe 1.5 months ago? Yup.

I also do some other exercises like Lat pull downs (both seated and standing), DB Bicep Curls, etc, but I don't really track them.

Yupyup! That's a wrap! I'll have another Before and After entry when I return from US hehe. Hopefully I have bulked up a bit to have something to show for. Adios and stay fit and healthy guys and gals!

2 comments:

  1. Zup dude! I'm 55 kg and my height is 5"11 and my body is like yours on your before picture! I'm planning to go to the gym next month but my schedule is suck!I don't want to stay in this skinny body!LOL tomorrow i am going to the mall and ill buy a push up bars instead going to the gym .can you give me some advice? :D thanks! And nice blog dude keep it up!(BTW are you an Asian?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey fred, yes i'm an asian lol.

    The best way to bulk up is to eat more. You're often eating less than you need, go google on how many calories you need per day to gain weight (differs from each individual based on body mass) and keep a food diary to see if you are really hitting those targets. I had to eat 5 meals a day to do so. Not easy!

    ReplyDelete