Monday 2 July 2012

Fitness Journal #7 - Body parts

This entry is going to be me talking like a self-absorbed narcissist, so please don't read it!

 



Soooo it's been almost 2 months since I've started gymming + eating more, and what have I got to show for it? Sadly, I have not bulked up to become like the Incredible Hulk (neither do I want to). But have I gained anything?

Weight-wise, there definitely is change - I used to be 59KG, and after peaking at 67kg, I'm now hovering at about 66KG.

How about in terms of size? I mean, after all, I don't give a damn about my weight really. The purpose of working out is just to look bigger, and less skinny. I kinda have an 'ideal' size for each part of my body, so let's see:

 

Chest

As big as possible. Like seriously, I do not have a target for this, but as long as it's not flat-chested like a size AA I'm happy. A minimum requirement is for it to be well-defined and sizeable. This is a nice size:



Yes, Taylor Lautner's body is nice but you can see his pecs in this picture aren't exactly very big! So it's achievable!

How about my progress this past 2 months? Well, I haven't really noticed significant size growth, but I do believe that my pecs have become more compact and defined. Like if it previously was flabby-looking, now I have pulled together the muscles around them to make them more compact. Some of my friends say that my chest looked bigger (with a T shirt on) but that could just be the illusion of a tight T shirt hehe. I hope to make them grow bigger though! Come on grow grow!

 

Arms

Ok, the ideal arms that I want is one that when someone looks at, they'll ask 'hey, you work out?'. So it's not so much about the bulk or size of the arms, but the definition. I want muscular-looking arms, even if they're not the bulkiest of sizes.

I actually do have  a friend whose arms are my 'ideal', but I wont' say who here cos it's quite paisei right lol. You ask me personally I'll tell you.

I did take some measurements of my arms, but there doesn't seem to be any improvement leh :/ Not sure why. I only started adding the accessory arm workouts in June la, (before that I was doing all compounds, no isolations) maybe need to do more and heavier. My small T-Shirts do feel tighter though LOL. But still, there is little definition unless I flex. Need to work on this!

 

Abs

Probably the hardest part of the physique, which requires shedding of a lot of body fat. I think if I really wanted to I can achieve really flat, visible abs, but that would mean I would be losing body mass, which I don't want to. I'll only go on a hard loss diet if I hit like 70+ KG, but before that I'll just slap on cardio while still eating a lot.

I don't know if it's physiologically possible for me to have a 6 pack though, maybe my torso is too short. When I can lean back I can see the 4 packs quite clearly, with the normal belly fat at the bottom. Maybe if I lose the fat it'll become the last 2 packs, no idea.

This is something that I will go for after I've attained somewhere close to my ideal body size for my chest and arms I suppose.

 

Legs

I don't really care, I just don't want them to be too big! I think I have naturally big thighs/legs because I played soccer as a kid, so they developed well during puberty, and stuck around. They contribute a lot of unnecessary weight, I would rather the mass goes up to my chest or arms or something.

I don't think there's really a way for me to lose any size here, we'll see what happens when I go into slimming mode for my abs.

 

Before and after?

Yes, I did take 'Before' photos before I began working out. I will take an 'After' shot around early August and post it up before I leave for exchange, and we can see if there's any visible difference. And we can compare that with me post-exchange hehe. I plan to eat like a cow there and hit the gym regularly. Maybe train with the muscular jocks there rofl.

 

Ok, to end, obligatory pic of a body I would be happy with.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="342"] Volchok (Cam Gigandet) from 'The OC'[/caption]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment