Monday 9 July 2012

Pre Union Camp

As I'm sitting here less than 24 hours away from the start of UC (probably less if you include Day 0 which starts today),  I can't help feeling a sense of underwhelmingness (if such a word existed). There is none of that pre-camp hype that I felt for Arts Camp, and I'm almost leaning towards the 'not-looking-forward-to-this' feeling.

It will be the first time I'm going for a camp where I know almost NOBODY since... O Week? Well on the plus side I know one of the councillors and one of the freshies, but it's a whole different dynamic when we are in a new group of people who are unfamiliar with each other.

I don't even know whether the OGL+Councillors are a fun batch, it seems really tentative and uncertain - the OGL only wanted to make identities for the freshies TODAY, on Day 0 -_- We haven't even finalized WHAT exactly the identity is. And he said to meet at 9AM, to which only 1-2 people said they can't make it so early (myself included) until last night, when suddenly 3-4 other people said they will only be coming at night / late afternoon. Dafuq?? Couldn't they have said so earlier? So now I'm not sure how many people is even going to be there with him at 9AM to THINK about what identity to make and start making them. And whether they will finish it in time. Guess I'll find out later.

 

I'm not in the best of conditions too - I'm still nursing a cough which had plagued me for weeks and escalated to epic proportions last Thursday and forced me to go see a doctor for medicine. It is a lot better now for sure, but I'm definitely in no state to be shouting cheers. Hope it goes away completely tomorrow.

And so. Goals I have for this camp? I don't even know. If you asked me 3 weeks ago when I signed up for this, I would have said 'To have fun' and to 'Make many new friends!' but now, my energy level is just so low that I don't know if I'll be able to accomplish those. I'll try I guess. For myself.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment