Friday 11 May 2012

How do I hit 3000 calories?

As some of you may know if you've read my Fitness Journal blog entries (1 / 2), I have begun on my journey to gain muscle/weight. I'm tired of being 'the skinny guy', and I aim to bulk up abit over the next few months.

Apart from hitting the gym, a big part of it is eating more. And I'm having problems with that.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="356"] Maybe I need to eat like this.[/caption]



I have already increased my meals from 3 meals to 5-6 meals a day, and even then I don't seem to be hitting the magic 3000 calorie mark (Which is recommended for me to gain weight. A simple formula is your weight in pounds x 20 = daily calorie intake to gain weight. That's not entirely accurate as you need to factor in your activity level, body fat, etc.. hence I'm just rounding up to 3000 (my figure is 2640 calories)

Here's my sample diet:



Breakfast is usually 3 slices of sandwich + milo/milk, lunch is usually mixed rice with high protein food (depending on where i am). Dinner is dependent on what my mom cooks. I'm considering adding protein shake+milk as a post-dinner meal everyday, so ignore the blanks. 'Final' is basically a cup of yoghurt I eat every night before I sleep.

My 'brunch' meal on Mon/Wed/Fri is eaten in the office (I go to work on those days), so it can't be anything that needs a fridge (e.g. milk) or immediate consumption.

So.. any ideas of what to add, where? Need help!

NOTE: I'm trying to avoid eating junk food, chocolates, sweets, etc. In moderation is fine I guess, but I don't want them to be a big part of my diet. Dark chocolate was a suggestion which I may try.

2 comments:

  1. [...] after about 2-3 weeks of a 5-6 meals a day diet (my diet is here), I decided to weigh myself when I came [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] eating 3 meals a day to 5 meals a day, aiming to hit 3000 calories daily. My diet was what I wrote here, minus the protein shake (I felt too full after dinner and couldn’t take it), plus a cup of [...]

    ReplyDelete