Monday 23 April 2012

[Dream] Taxi Rides and Tricycle Cabs

Some of you may know that I have some really wacky dreams. They can be absolutely bizarre and sometimes quite funny. I used to keep a dreams blog, some of them are really quite funny you can have a read: http://alanzdreams.blogspot.com/

Anyway, I only blogged it if I could remember it - and most of the time I don't remember my dreams, just like most of us. However, sometimes it is so vivid that I wake up with a start and think 'I HAVE to blog about this'. This morning was one of those times.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="240" caption="No, I didn't dream about unicorns."][/caption]



DISCLAIMER: If this seems super random and haphazard and jumpy.... it's a dream what do you expect! That's what they're like!

It started out (as far as I could remember) around church area, and I was waiting to play basketball. However, due to the rain curse (every time we want to play basketball on Sundays, it rains), it was cancelled, so I decided to head off and said bye to everyone at the coffeeshop.

I tried to hail a cab to go home... then realized I was already at the road outside my house. Which didn't make sense as my church was 20 minutes away by car from my house. I still tried to hail a cab anyway, as apparently I was not heading home anymore.

This tricycle cab came around the bend and stopped for me. Yes, a tricycle cab. I've no idea how that even works, but basically it was a taxi on a tricycle. Ok maybe it was just a taxi with 3 wheels, but I remembered it as a tricycle cab. The driver was a female (I remember this quite clearly for some reason), and she asked me if I wanted to take her cab. I declined as I didn't want to ride in a tricycle cab (I don't know why, I just remember feeling this way), so she got out of her tricycle cab and helped me hail another cab (?? No idea why)

So a real cab came, and just as I was getting in, another guy tried to board from the front passenger seat. We started arguing about who got the cab first, and at this point the tricycle cab lady driver chipped in and was like 'He got it first!!', pointing to me and trying to vouch for me. But the rude guy didn't care and still got in (let's call him Mark for simplicity's sake. I never got to know his name), and the cab drove off (with us both inside)

I'm not sure why the cabbie (of the real cab, not the tricycle cab) would suddenly just drive off without a destination, but basically me and Mark started to wrestle, with him in the front seat and I in the back. He actually reached out to try to strangle me, as I was desperately trying to tuck my chin in to prevent myself from getting choked. We grappled and fought for a while...

...

Next thing I remembered was that we stopped at some random place, with some kids by the road side. I have NO idea why we stopped or where we stopped and WHY DID WE STOP I really don't know. But Mark began to play with one of the kids, like he was in charge of taking care of them. I seemed to fade in and out of existence at that point - I don't recall having any feelings or thoughts about this sudden occurrence. I was just like an observer of the scene.

After 5 minutes, I suddenly realized that the cab had left without the both of us! At that point I became existential again and I smacked my forehead at my stupidity and not quickly getting on the cab while Mark was busy with the kids and driving off. I didn't even notice the cab driving off. It just... was gone.

At this point, the kids somehow disappeared (??) and me and Mark were looking at each other like idiots. We were not hostile anymore and were trying to work together to figure out how to get out of that place. The area we were in was quite a deserted one and the road was one where few cars even passed. We were both like, 'oh shit how do we get out of here now?' as if we were stuck on some island which we could only depart via taxi.

I recall standing in the middle of the road trying to block a taxi that came along but it just swerved to dodge me and continued on its way, as there was already a passenger in it.

...

I'm not sure what happened in between but suddenly we were both in a cab.

This time we were both going to the same place, for some unknown reason. But the problem was, we wanted to go to this shopping centre (I remember it as being located somewhere near City Hall MRT and Clarke Quay MRT), but for some reason I couldn't recall the name of it.

I kept trying and trying, but I just couldn't remember it! It was like at the tip of my tongue but it just wouldn't come to conscious memory. I knew that I knew it, and was trying to think of associations and nearby places to link to it and prime the memory of the shopping center's name.

Mark, at this point, had also joined in in trying to help me think of it. I can't remember if he threw out suggestions or he tried to list associations but I just remember he tried to help me recall. I think the taxi driver was also joining in to help recall and I was just pushing hard with my brain to remember it.

...

Then I woke up to the roaring rain. I wasn't fully conscious, but in the semi-conscious state where you JUST barely realize that you were dreaming but still haven't really woke up, but perhaps it was a good dream so you were trying to pretend and trick your brain that it hasn't really woken up  and you want to drift back into the dream.

I was doing just that, except I wasn't trying to return to a good dream, I was trying to return to it so that I could remember the damn shopping centre's name!!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to trick my brain and my consciousness dial turned higher and higher until I was awake and fully aware it was a dream, with the heavy rain pouring outside. I spent the next minute or so trying to remember the name of the shopping centre I wanted to go to.

I never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment