Thursday 21 October 2010

le francais chanson

Today in French tutorial class we listened to this french song called ‘Comme d’habitude’. The lyrics were just so.. emotional and nice! As compared to English songs.. which sometimes just don’t quite cut it. I’m just going to write my English translation of the song here, lazy to type in french (may not be 100% accurate!):

Comme d’habitude (as usual)

You must listen to it while reading the lyrics! The music very emo also


And if you want the french lyrics:

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/c/commedhabitude.shtml

I get up, I push you
You don’t wake up as usual
On you, I put back the bedsheets
I’m afraid you’ll be cold, as usual
My hands caress your hair
Almost despite of myself, as usual (like it’s a habit already)
but you turn your back to me

I get dressed quickly
I leave the room
I drink my coffee alone
I am late, as usual
Without noise, I leave the house
Everything is grey outside
I am cold, I lift up my collar
As usual

As usual, the whole day
I will pretend
As usual, I am going to smile
As usual, I am even going to laugh
As usual, finally I will live
As usual.

And then the day will end
I will return
You, you will be out
Not yet returned
I sleep all alone
In this big cold bed
My tears, I will hide them
As usual

As usual, even at night
I am going to pretend
As usual, you will return
As usual, I will be waiting
As usual, you will smile to me.

As usual, you will undress
As usual, you will lie down
As usual, we will kiss,
As usual.

As usual, we will pretend
As usual we will make love
As usual, we will pretend.

~~~~

If you don’t get what the song is about, it is about this couple that have been together for so long that their passion has died out, and everything becomes like a routine. It’s so sad!

J’aime c’est chanson!

No comments:

Post a Comment