Friday 10 December 2010

IPPT

For those who don't know, all combat fit males who complete their 2 years NS cycle still have to clear an annual fitness test, known as IPPT (Individual Physical Proficiency Test)

That would mean the majority of guys - those who are not combat fit are those who have some heart problem, some serious medical problem, fake an amazingly awesome injury  have a chronic injury (i.e. degeneration of ACL, etc)

I have yet to clear mine, and have to clear it by my next birthday (i.e. oct 2011). So I decided to set an early New Year resolution for 2011 - to get a SILVER for my IPPT next year.



Why silver? because at my peak, at my fittest moment in army, I only could muster up a Silver with my timing of 10:21 in the 2.4km run (Gold is  9:44) So Silver is already more than generous.

I just ran for a run earlier, just a short 15 minute run. I hope to be running very often, ideally everyday though that's probably not very realistic. So I'll aim for twice or even three times a week. I have to clear a timing of 11:39 and below to attain a silver (or 12:20 to pass).

There's alot of money involved! If you attain a Gold you get $400, and $200 for a Silver (and $100 for a pass). So I have my eyes on the prize money of $200.

My only problem is my 2.4km run. Pull-ups wise I have a long way to go (only did 4 just now, but barely pushed myself. Can probably do 6 atm) but I should be able to easily pull it up (pun intended :p ) to 8 (for silver) with constant training.
Never had a problem with situps or shuttle run or standing broad jump. So it's just pullups and 2.4km to improve to the silver mark.

Oh, and working out for IPPT will give me a nicer body too HAHA. 2nd major incentive besides the money hehe. okok bye

No comments:

Post a Comment