Saturday 25 August 2018

Plica Syndrome - Day 25 - Quad loading begins

Knee flexion has improved tremendously though it’s extremely tight and slightly painful to fully flex the knee. Almost full range of motion. I had been doing heel-wall slides to help with this, think it helps.

Still experiencing tightness/dull pain in my VMO+ scar tissue area, especially when walking/standing/going down stairs.

I shared these points with my physio Mark. For my physio session today, Mark did some manual therapy to loosen up my VMO + ITB, and it was straight to rehab work! Mark said it was time to start loading my quads as my left quad apparently has atrophied (shrunk) quite abit. We did some bike work, some light leg press, and some hip stability drills. Mark keeps emphasising ‘strong hips, strong knees. Not the other way round’.

We finished up the session with abit more manual therapy for my VMO as I was complaining of tightness, and he also applied sports tape on my knee which is supposed to help with the VMO tightness.

And it did!! The leg feels surprisingly better with just the tape and no knee sleeve (which I had been wearing before). Mark said he expected me to be jogging by Week 6... which seems unlikely at the moment lol, given how my knee feels still. I think I’ll get significantly better once the scar tissue (a tough little lump under my skin) decided to break up and disappear.

For home therapy, supposed to do some wall-assisted half squats, stand-sit from bed (not sure how to describe this lol. Resembles a half squat but the load is on hamstrings/glute), hip stability drills, calf raises. Hope I get better fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment