Sunday 12 August 2018

Pandemic Legacy Season One - May Gameplay

This post contains spoilers for Pandemic Legacy Season One , May.

This game was the first time in Legacy I thought I would lose.

May forced you to complete 3 objectives, which meant I shouldn’t ignore the military bases Mechanic anymore.. but I still tried to. Against my better judgment, I aimed for the Quarantine 7 Fallen cities objective (along with eradicate, since that’s a joke now with my black virus  upgraded 3 times).

There was also a new complication where any Player cards you drew that were the colour of the mutated untreatable / uncurable virus WOULD ALSO place Fallen figurines on the board!! That’s crazy. This meant the mutated virus basically spreads twice as fast compared to everything else since you get it from 2 sources!

My luck was absolutely terrible too as I drew many Blue (my mutated virus) cards early, along with a  3 cube Blue in the opening infection draw. This meant I spent the whole game spamming Quarantines, trying to keep blue at bay and also meet my 7 Quarantine objective.

When I won, I was 1 outbreak away from losing, and down to 4 Player cards. This was the closest I came to losing in 5 games. 

I decided to play along with the Military Bases and took 2 upgrades to have 2 Military Bases on my board at the start, instead of upgrading my black Virus to tier 4, which I deemed not that critical given how my biggest issue was containing Fallen with their double spawn rate. Let’s see if I can beat June more comfortably!

No comments:

Post a Comment