Friday 31 August 2018

Pandemic Legacy Season One - August First Game

This post contains spoilers for the month of August.


Last month, I picked up the upgrade that let me remove faded when my character leaves that city which seemed pretty OP.

 This month introduced a self sacrifice Mechanic to take a scar to avoid an infect phase or something. I pretty much forgot about it because it seemed stupid unless I know for sure another Infect will do critical board damage.

There was a Virologist to Search for this game, but he is slightly harder to find than the Immunologist (did I get their roles wrong? Maybe it is Immun this game and Viro last game)

As I START the game with 6 military bases, there was no more need for an Operations Expert, so I ran with Researcher, QS, and Dispatcher.

This game was VERY strange. Had a very optimal opening sequence and card draw , found the Viro really quickly, and cured 2 diseases. Then I got stuck. I basically had 0 of the last color cards until the last 1/3 of the game, which meant I spent most of my middle game firefighting and removing Fallen figurines with my upgrade.

Thankfully, the final color did come out, and I swiftly cured it once I had 5 live cards of that color. Was in no real danger of losing despite having 4 epidemics! On to the next month...

No comments:

Post a Comment