Friday 10 August 2012

5 days

There are 5 days left till I fly off to the US! (or 6, depending on how you count it) Yes, I am already feeling the tingle of excitement, mixed with a pinch of nervousness,  stirred with a handful of anxiety, deep fried with a portion of anticipation!!

I mean, who wouldn't be excited about flying to America for 5 months!! It's one of my dream places to be since I began watching American TV shows when I was young (oh gosh, feel so old saying this), and now I not only get to visit it, I get to LIVE there! Woohoo!

It is also my first time flying alone - I am travelling with 2 companions but I am flying the 25 hour journey alone. I will also be alone in certain legs of the 2 week California trip I'm having before school begins. I am not so much afraid that the plane will crash or something but more worried that I will board at the wrong gate or forget my luggage or something silly like that. Also, how many movies should I watch? LOL. I mean, it's an overnight flight, but it's also freaking 24 hours long. I have to plan when I watch the movies + sleep well.

 

Everything is booked and ready - accommodation, tours, transport, etc. All that's left is for me to ... GO and have fun! I hope it'll be fun! I will zi-high and make it fun if it's not! Ok actually I haven't even started packing, so that's one more thing for me to do. One of the biggest problems is - how much clothes to bring! I really have no idea. Ugh. Will be packing on Monday.

As a result of this excitement and anticipation for the 15th to come, I'm beginning to have slightly restless nights. All that I'm thinking about at night is the trip!! Ahhh hope my scumbag brain stops doing this and lets me sleep at night.

Did I mention I am excited? Woohoo!! Ok, abrupt ending to a pretty incoherent rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment