Monday 19 December 2011

NUS Semester 1 AY 11/12 results

So... Gonna be blogging about my results which I justreceived this morning. Don't read on if you're going to be all judgmental andngeh ngeh why this guy so lame put his results up online. 


If you're looking for a module review, go here.




So once again this year,  Iwas plagued by a restless night and weird dreams before the release of myresults via SMS in the morning. I woke up at 6 and couldn’t really go back tosleep (results typically released some time between 7-9)  and had weird dreams like one in which I checkedmy results and I got an A++(doesn’t exist) for one module and a C- - for anotherso didn’t know whether to feel happy or sad.


ANYWAY. On to the results.




GEK1519 - Science of Music

Predicted Grade - B+
ActualGrade – A-
Thoughts:

Whew, I survived the bell curve. It was no secretthat this module is highly competitive because it’s such an easy module that it’squite hard not to get a good score for the tests if you studied just a littlebit.

While both tests I only scored around themedian/mean, I think my essay / MIDI probably pulled me up (worked on both fromthe start of sem… so had a lot of time for improvement and stuff)

Overall satisfied with this grade of course, becauseI expected to S/U it (if necessary) due to the high competitiveness. Yay still have3 S/Us!




SE1101E: South East Asia - A Changing Region

Predicted Grade - B+
ActualGrade – A-
Thoughts:

Kinda expected grade, considering howmy CA was already not bad (A/A- average) so it would take a major screwup in myfinals to drop it anywhere below B+.

(I almost did.. if you missed my Tweetpreviously, my finals question 1 was: ‘imagine you’re giving a lecture toaliens… ‘ and I ended my essay with a reckless stupid ending: “… and as seen,the region is a dynamic and changing one which you will not be used to, soplease don’t invade us!”
Guess the marker liked it. Lol.





PL3236 - Abnormal Psychology

Predicted Grade – B-
ActualGrade – B+
Thoughts:

My mid terms did pretty badly, so I was not sure howI was going to fare for this. The gf damn leet, she got A for this! Hermidterms was good also la. Glad I got a B+ at least instead of a B or worse.





PL3233 - Cognitive Psychology

Predicted Grade – A-
ActualGrade – A-
Thoughts:

To be honest I was expecting an A for this, becausemy mid term tests were both pretty darn high! Like I would think A+ range. ThusI was slightly disappointed when I didn’t get an A for this, meaning my finalsprobably got about B or B+ level. Oh well.





PL3240 - Group Dynamics
Predicted Grade
 – B+
ActualGrade – B+
Thoughts:

Mid terms did badly but project did relatively well,so I was expecting an average grade for this. Kinda hoped I would get A- forthis at least, but I guess B+ is good enough.


Overall…

No real shocker in terms of grades or anything like last sem's SSB2216... everything was more or less close to my prediction (besides Ab Psych, which was just me being pessimistic so I wouldn't be too disappointed)


Hmm I initially believed my grades were better than last sem and yet my CAPstill dropped. However after checking last semester’s grades, I realized I didexactly the same! Same CAP as last sem, but overall CAP dropped because myfirst sem’s CAP was higher than both sems.



Hope to do better next sem! I want to pull my CAPup!

1 comment:

  1. [...] finals pull my mid terms up!Predicted Grade: B+ ~~~ Ok that’s all I have, my results are here so you can check them out to determine whether to trust me or not ^^ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike [...]

    ReplyDelete