Monday 26 December 2011

CORS Bidding Dilemma

It’s thattime of the year again – no, not New Year’s Day, not post-Christmas, but CORSBidding!!

I’m justgoing to pen my thoughts down so I can organize them better and make betterdecisions. But I know for sure I’m going to have a big headache when it beginsbecause things won’t go as planned.


MUST-HAVEModules

These modulesare those that I MUST take this sem, so I will throw all my points in them:


PL3234 - Developmental Psychology
One of the 5 Core (required) modules for Psych majors, so I have to clear it! I don't want to wait too long to take it too so best to get it over and done with.
Problem is if I take this, I can't take my back-up lab mod of 'Lab in Applied Psych'. That comes in later.

Expected Bid Points - I should get this for 1 point or in MPE


PL3282A - Lab in Interpersonal Relationships

This is the only lab that I want to take in the list of labs, the other one is Lab in Social Psych but that one is only available in Sem1 and I'm going on SEP in Sem 1 so I MUST take this.

Any other lab would be something Cognitive Psych related which will be considerably tougher because of having to use special program to design stimuli!

My backup for this is Applied Psych (I don't really want but I don't mind doing, not like the Cog Psych labs which I DONT WANT to do), but the problem is Applied Psych clashes with Devt Psych.

Expected Bid Points - 500++.

Previous sems' records show this mod goes for at least 500 points. I will be throwing EVERYTHING I HAVE in this mod, because I HAVE to get it. Fingers -crossed.


Contingency plan is I take this in Y3 S2 I guess, because apparently Y3 students get priority for labs, and from bidding history it seems that this mod disappears after Round 1A (eaten up by Y3 students already). So ;( I need a 5th mod if that's the case.



WANT-TO-TAKE Modules

These modules are what I want to take but not entirely necessary, I can try to find backup if I don't get.


MKT1003X- Marketing

To fulfill my breadth requirement, and also taking this with some friends. Sounds the most interesting of the breadths so why not? S/U ftw!

Expected Bid Points - Not sure how to interpret the Bidding History because there are separate queues and stuff, but shouldn't be too ex! 100? Doesn't affect my other mods though because this is G account.


PL3241 - Personality and Individual Differences

Taking as an elective mod of course, and sounds like an interesting module. Shouldn't have any problems getting it, judging from past history.

Expected Bid Points - 1


PH2211 - Philosophy of Religion

Now it gets tricky. This module is to fulfill my UE, but it also costs a hefty amount in Round 2B (not sure if I can bid for this in 2A or 2B!) (200 + points!)

If I were to splurge everything I have on Lab in Interpersonal, I have to find some alternative for this slot already because I wont' have the points I need to bid for this.

Expected Bid Points - 1 if available in 2A, 200+ if only in 2B



Argh ok I'm gonna go for lunch, when I come back maybe hunt for other alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment