Saturday 3 December 2011

(New) Friends

I have recently applied to write articles for my school website Insomniac, so I've decided to start blogging again to get in the flow of things. I haven't been writing regularly for ages now... and even the things that I've written (SC2 stuff) aren't proper and formal!

So anyway, this first blog will be informal one, and is actually a more sentimental and personal one. I don't know if I will advertise this on Twitter.. abit paisei to let people read ha! But I guess I will.

This post is probably better as a year-end reflection post, posted on New Year's Eve or something... but I've been wanting to write this for a long time and I don't really have anything else to write about so this will do!





This year, 2011, has been a year of new friends. I've made quite a few new friends which I've come to love and treasure, I guess I'll go chronologically? Or whoever I can remember first. Well it was also a year of turbulence with my gf, but that's another topic for another day and maybe in another setting, this is too public. It'll suffice to say we've come out stronger and closer than ever :) Love that girl :)

ANYWAY. As far as I can remember -
(if you don't care about these you can scroll past the wavy lines ~~~ )


Nella (June)
Lol so what is her name? Nella or June? Haha na i'm kidding. The period was june-july-ish, and while Nella isn't really a new friend, this period we spent quite a lot of time together (because we worked in the same office for about a month) and I realized she could be a nice friend to have around.
She wasn't and isn't like a v close friend or anything, we don't share deep stuff though I did ask her about her relationship stuff and all (I mean, when you spend 8 hours a day together on a slack job, you're bound to talk about everything and anything lol)

You know how you use the word 'nice' to describe people sometimes when you can't find any other descriptor? Well, Nella is one person you would use 'nice' to describe because she FITS the descriptor perfectly. Very nice person, easy to talk to, and nice friend!


Candice (August)
Again, not a brand new friend, just someone who I became closer to. It's odd really, if you asked me a year ago whether I would imagine myself being good friends with her, I wouldn't say so. We just seem so... different! It's like, different worlds ! haha.

I still remember one of the first times we had an actual conversation, it was a small OG outing that I organized, and I was the earliest (as usual. And because I was organizer so I didn't wanna be late though nowadays I'm adapting a 'i'm sick of waiting for everyone so im gonna come late like everyone' rule) and she was the 2nd earliest.
So we were alone waiting for the rest for like .. 20 minutes? and i recall feeling a bit apprehensive knowing she was going to arrive first and we would have to talk hahaha. But it turned out surprisingly fine! We managed to talk about... I can't even remember what but I did remember she taught me a korean word.. OMONA! ok i bet i got that wrong.

And over time, because of Twitter, and also because of Arts Camp! We hung out alot, and talked alot. And now I regard her as one of my close good friends! cheers ~. And she has helped me out and showed her 'why i should be your #1 awesome friend'-ness plenty of times.. just really glad to have her as a friend :)


Simin & Joann (August)
New friends! Met both at the same time, during Arts Camp, which I also met a bunch of amazing freshies who I will end up hanging out much more than I ever did with my batch.

The way I met (or got closer to) these two.. was kinda an odd situation. There were pros and cons about the whole thing - pros being obviously that I got 2 awesome friends, and cons being as a result of spending time with these 2, I neglected other people (e.g. the guys) and things got dicey and unpleasant (at least on my side) I can't help it that I prefer to hang out with girls right! I  have GID! I'm a girl stuck in a guy's body (but definitely lesbian)

Anyway I shan't harp on that, and talk about the positive! Ok one girl at a time k

Simin - i think she's just a very sociable person, someone who can fit in whereever she is. Her funny mannerisms and chirpy nature just makes a her a very nice(oops committing the 'nice' sin) person to hang around. I think I think of her as a closer friend than she thinks of me though lolol ;( but it's alright! rawr.

Joann - I don't know how to explain how this friendship began. I think joann is just the kind of person that if you connect with her, she'll be a really good friend to you. And somehow, we connected well, and as a result we became close. We had the potential to become really good friends but at that point of time I was busy emotionally with other stuff, I didn't have time to cope with a new close friend like that (hard to explain stuff here without revealing private matters of others :/ ), so it was a slight pity that I didn't 'follow up' on this good friend when school started.
nevertheless, I still regard her as a good friend whose company I will always enjoy!


Jolene (September(?) )
This was a very unexpected friend ! I knew jolene existed because we were both Psych majors, but i didn't know who she was, just recognized by face. I saw her in a module I was taking alone, and I knew she was Candice's friend, but I'm not the kinda person who's gonna go up and say hi la i'm shy ma. =X

But lo and behold, one night came when I needed her(jolene) help to print notes, and so i asked candice to ask her. And then after a series of exchanges... tahdah! Became friends. lol.

And I think jolene is just a very sociable person... ok hang out I already started a sentence this way earlier didn't I. lol. But it's true! She's just someone you can talk to endlessly even though you aren't super close or anything!

I still remember once I was on the way home on bus 10...
Ok wait, you know how you distinguish between an acquaintance and a friend? A friend is someone you will wave and say hi and call over and will you'll enjoy the conversation for the whole journey.
An acquaintance is someone you see boarding a bus and you don't really want to get seen cos if the person does then he/she is obligated to come sit with you and then have awkward conversation for the whole journey.

Well, on that journey, I saw jolene, and while we weren't exactly v close (just met only recently leh!) but I still waved her over and felt at ease! And could easily talk to her the whole journey too! (eh accomplishment for me la, i'm not a super chatty sociable words-fly-out-of-my-mouth person k)

I think we became somewhat good friends because she's just someone that's easy to talk cock with hahaaa and can bitch together about stuff HAHA. Ok i should stop saying.


Alwyn AKA Pewi 
Ok this guy has been my good friend for ages actually, knew him from primary school, became friends in secondary school, and is the only person I still keep in contact with from JC/secsch. (thanks to bball!!)
Why he's in this list was because of one MSN conversation we were having that was yet another defining moment of our friendship.

(one of the previous ones was when he bought me a freaking iPod Touch for my birthday... that showed that money was not a factor in our friendship and .. he's just freaking awesome k. (wow just reading that entry makes me smile... :D ))

So we were having a MSN conversation, I can't remember what we were talking about, it's not important/relevant, but then he made a remark about '... my best friends ... blabla' , when the 'my best friend' was referring to ME! omg!
Like, I never thought that he looked at me as a best friend or even a super close friend? Maybe just a buddy that you kept in touch with?
I mean, I've always regarded him as my best guy friend (prob because I don't have many close ones), but i didn't expect HIM to regard me in the same manner!

I still remember when I realized this I was quite happy and was rambling to my gf about this and saying bye to her i was gonna marry him already HAHAHA. Ok i'm talking like jasminelaw I need to stop otherwise I'll freak pewi away
Anyway, I'll definitely be asking this guy to be my best man for my wedding, he better accept man!

~~~~~~


Wow this post turned out longer than I expected. Anyway, I'm not a person who makes many many friends or lets many people to be close to me. Or am able to be close to many people. So if you are a close/good friend of mine. It's an honour. :D It's MY honour. Thanks for being my friend!

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever considered about including a little bit more
    than just your articles? I mean, what you say is
    valuable and everything. But just imagine if you added some great visuals or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"!
    Your content is excellent but with images and video clips,
    this website could definitely be one of the most beneficial in its field.

    Very good blog!

    ReplyDelete