Friday 30 December 2011

Highlights of 2011



The end of the year is a time where I look back at the year that just passed, and think: "What?? That was this year? It seemed AGES ago!"

This may end up being a tradition that I do at the end of every year - at the end of 2010 I also made a 'highlights of 2010' blog post.
Wow actually after reading that again, I think 2010 was ALOT more eventful and awesome than this year. This year was pretty... meh? Let's find out, as I recap my 2011!

1) Joining www.sc2sea.com

sc2sea is a community based website for SEA Starcraft 2 players. I began making posts there in about March/April, and soon after I was pulled on board to join as the Head Article Writer there.









My avatar on SC2SEA

Over the past 8 months or so I have more or less established myself there as a well-reputed member of the community and I think many people, if not most, would have read something I have written. For samples of my blogs there, check out My Blogs and my Road to Masters Series.

My reputation there is pretty good, and I love the site so much that I hang around there almost the entire day :) I'm looking to become a moderator there, after I get certain issues settled...

2) iPhone 4



After a looong time of unbearable waiting, I got my iPhone 4! The wait was because I actually found a buyer earlier than expected for my iPod Touch 4 so I was left without a device.

I still feel abit bad for selling my iPod Touch of course, because it was a beloved present from my best male buddy Pewi! But I tried to rationalize that he bought me the iPhone actually! Because that's really what it was, he bought me the ticket into Apple's kingdom HAHA.

So yea, the iPhone has changed my life in more ways than one, with me becoming more active on Twitter (which led to awesome stuff like making good friends :) ), having Internet on the move, etc etc.

3) The 1000 piece Jigsaw

Feeling ambitious, me and SH tried to solve a 1000 piece jigsaw for the first time in our life.

After literally an entire day of hard work (10 hours, 36 minutes to be precise), we gave up and conceded.

And after a week or two, I sold this jigsaw puzzle to Weiqin, who promptly demonstrates her imba-ness by single-handedly COMPLETING it under 12 hours (should read it, her blog post is pretty interesting)

4) Arts Camp 2011!

One of the best experiences I've had this year, if not the best. The energy that the freshies had was just so refreshing. I felt I could connect with them better than my batch of people for some reason. Much more than me with my seniors for sure.

For the original blog entry, go here.

5) Failed my IPPT









How is this a 'highlight' again?

It was the first time taking my IPPT after I had come out of army, and it was a time to gauge my personal fitness.... which was clearly rock bottom judging by how I totally failed my 2.4KM run.

I did blog about it and it was rather interesting, so do have a read :)

6) First time night-cycling!
Thinking back, I've no idea how I managed to do it! We cycled from Holland V to ECP to Singapore Flyer, and all the way back to Holland V! It's insane man! I recall being dead tired at the end of it. But was fun nonetheless, as I had good company :)

7) First holiday with SH!









me, SH and shimin!

Went to Batam with the gf, shimin and her bf, who was our lovely host because he is Indonesian!









Our tourguide

I think without him our trip would have been a lot more difficult.. because he could speak Bahasa Indo he conversed with the cab drivers, staff, etc and bargained and stuff haha.

Was a pretty fun maiden trip, you can see the pictures and read the blog post here ;)

8) World of Warcraft

So I started playing WoW again, got hacked again (but got it back), hit the level cap









Ding

Raided again, killed bosses again, got into some leet guild
And quit WoW again. Hopefully, for good this time.

9) Taught the gf how to cycle!

This is not just a highlight of 2011 but a life accomplishment for me hahaha.
Yea basically SH doesn't ... wait, DIDN'T know how to cycle, so I told her I would teach her! And initially she thought would take a week or more, I told her NO BY TODAY.

Read more about it here. ;) With videos even!

---

Yup that's it for the highlights of this year! Next year will be an interesting one, as I will be staying in hall and (hopefully) I'm going on my SEP ! (Student Exchange Programme) (To Boston University, USA!)

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. [...] be quite happy to end it on this note. I think when I do my recap post at the end of the year(e.g., 2011′s highlights post) I’d be surprised at how many things I’ve done, and be like ‘What?? This was this [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] I looked at last year’s ‘highlights of the year’ blog post and saw that I wrote “This year was pretty… meh”, I couldn’t help but think [...]

    ReplyDelete