Monday 27 June 2011

Pre

I don't think I am a very good writer.

Wait what? Inferiority complex speaking?

Well, perhaps it's because I'm surrounded by really good writers; people who's writing I really admire and enjoy reading, such as mrbrown, weiqin (ahha yes I just did put your name next to mrbrown) etc. They have their own voice that they write with, and have their own unique and interesting style of writing.

I am a little different. I am a chameleon. I adapt to different styles that I like and adapt mine accordingly. This doesn't just apply to my writing, but also my behavior and mannerisms. It's almost subconscious but I am aware that I'm doing it. It's not an intentional decision to mimic, but I just do.

However, I'd like to believe that I have my own little distinct style. Just hidden amidst all the layers of mimicry, the layers of other people's styles, is my little gem of ME.

Ok that was a huge digression. Anyway I've had different people tell me that they enjoy reading my blog. I've no idea why. I don't think I'm particularly interesting or funny, but they tell me I am. Nonetheless, I appreciate these comments, and they add a little edge to the smile in my heart.
So I went back to read some of my blog posts to find out what was so interesting, and I realized something interesting.. like a prophecy that came true or something haha.

From a pre-Arts Camp entry:

"I am quite hyped and excited about meeting the freshies and all hehe. Hope they're a fun bunchhope I can click with at least some of them!"

1) Fun bunch? Understatement. They're mad! hahaha. Easily the most enthusiastic bunch of people I've met in camps so far. And crazy. and mad. And fun. :D I love the freshies (even if they don't love me D: ), and I hope they remain this close and this enthusiastic for a long time.

2) I don't know if I should consider it clicking, but I did get to bond with a certain few people. I'm really glad it turned out this way, even though this meant sacrificing bonding with the guys and getting alot of flak for it. Screw them. It's a tradeoff I don't regret taking. I hope these small group of people do end up being my good, close friends for a long time.

From the same entry:
"AND it would be a super duper mega ultra unlikely bonus if .... there was just ONE person who is into Starcraft 2 like me! Omg bff for the camp already just talk SC2 strategies the whole camp hahhaha."

I DID find ONE person in the OG who played SC2 - was even pretty good! Masters league! However, he had already stopped playing, and didn't intend to go back to the game. So it was like... finding a pot of gold but the pot is sealed and welded to the ground permanently.
Ok terrible analogy but you get the point. I hope.

"Still undecided if I should take leave on 20-22 to stay on at Arts Camp or just drop by at nights."

Did end up taking leave, and was the best decision I made. Can't imagine how different it would be if I had just dropped by at nights. Won't be able to forge as many bonds!
Actually in the day I didn't really get to talk/bond much. Cos the freshies play the games, not me ma. It's the nights that made the difference.


So prophesy aside, I'm looking ahead at the new semester. Yes, 'at' the new semester, that wasn't a grammatical (or prepositional, whatever it's called) mistake. I'm looking at how much time I have left before school starts, and what I should do with my time.

For a brief moment last night, I was hit by a sudden impulse (is 'sudden' rhetorical?) to play WoW again.
(You can click this link to see my awesome journey through WoW. And how I earned $750 from it)
I really did love the game, and only stopped because school was starting.

I was even contemplating quitting my job so that I can focus on WoW for this month and at least hit end-game content and raid abit =X

But after some consideration, I managed to repress this urge and I think I won't be starting again! It better not swell up and overwhelm me again.


Ok, this blog post ended up much longer than it should be. If you wondered why the title was 'pre', it's because I was talking about 2 pre- things - precamp and preschoolstart. Haha. Till next time, my friends. (I'm assuming you are my friend hence you're reading this. If you're not I've no idea why you're reading this. Are you that bored? There are nicer things to read like www.cracked.com check it out yo)

No comments:

Post a Comment