Wednesday 29 June 2011

A swirl of thoughts

I was having a conversation over Whatsapp with Jo-ann, a freshie from my Arts Camp OG, and she typed a long message to which I gave a short reply, and she asked why it was so short, and I said something like I actually have a lot to say but don't know how to express it.
To which she commented "Yea, you look like the kind of person who always has alot of thoughts in his mind" or something to that extent.

Indeed, I am experiencing that swirl of thoughts now. This swirl can be a gentle, mellow swirl which is simply me talking to myself. Then sometimes it swirls faster, and stronger, and it becomes a whirl. A whirl which seems to originate from more sources than 'me' and they're all talking to me at once. And I deflect them. I can't handle so many thoughts at once.

Some thoughts are totally illogical. Why do I feel _ over that? It's ridiculous. It's inappropriate. It's wild. It's madness.
It makes me want to just walk away. But I can't. I have committed. So all I can be is cryptic. And hope the swell goes down, and the whirl slows to a halt.

Another thing that has been weighing on my mind is - should I play WoW? I'm leaning so strongly towards 'Yes' now, and I'm already considering getting a 2nd account to hasten my leveling process.

But this game is not just a game. It's a vacuum. It sucks you in and keeps you there. I don't even know if I'll get to play end-game content which is probably the main reason why I am even starting up again. The leveling process is boring as hell, I've done it at least 10 times. Zzz.

I should go sleep now. Going to go for Psych camp (the last night basically) tomorrow to accompany the girlfriend, and probably won't get much sleep. Good night.

hi joann

2 comments:

  1. good friends can begin to call me jo :D so uncle alan, don't call me jo-ann anymore. jo is good. hurhur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can amend by saying you came and left the camp on the same night cos you weren't feeling well

    ReplyDelete