Thursday 13 March 2008

POP loh

Under the pouring rain, 1000 or so boys (or men?) went through with the Passing Out Parade on the 12th of March, myself included. With the parade, these 1000 Recruits graduate from BMT and become Privates. The rain became heavier and heavier, but since soldiers are supposed to be strong, they can withstand the elements.
No CAT1 (when activities are halted cos of bad weather) as there was no lightning. No, they only bring you under cover when there is a risk of being struck by lightning, being soaked by torrential rain and blasted by strong wind is ok because soldiers are strong and will not fall sick or get pneumonia.


As i walked out with my mother from Pulau Tekong, towards the ferry terminal to take the ferry out to mainland Singapore, the message on the display screen flashed: 'Congratulations to all graduands and parents! '
Now i never knew the word 'graduand' existed, so i checked it up, and this was what it said:
" a student who is about to graduate or receive a degree"
Now now, i have ALREADY GRADUATED, so this is wrong! It should read 'graduate'. rawr.

Now as i enjoy my welldeserved 11 days of leave ( i didn't even bother to count it, i only know it's 11 cos someone else said so), i can reflect on the past 9 weeks (omg i just realised that 2 months = 9 weeks. i always thought was 8 weeks. Proof: from Jan 11 to Mar 12 = 63 days = around 2 months = 9 weeks!!)
I cannot be too elated - there's still another 1 year 8 months in army. And BMT is supposed to be the easiest part. :( rawr.

ok i just realised i ended my past 2 paragraphs with rawr. i must really think of a new way to end my paragraphs. anyway. I'm quite irritated that the bloggingbug hasn't bit me yet. When it does, i'm writing freely and it's usually (in my opinion) interesting (subjective, yes, but.. i believe so? :p) . cmon bug bite me. r.... grr gotta stop the rawrs.

Speaking of bugs, do you know that i've NEVER got bitten by a single mosquito in Pulau Tekong?? Yes it's freaking amazing but.. as far as i can remember, i dont recall any mosquito bites. If i did get bitten it's a freaking weak mosquito which gave me just minor bumps. Mosquito bite =a small surface area of slight swelling up and itchiness.
yes, through field camp, through everything, no mosquito bites. i've no idea why. maybe my body is naturally Tekong-mosquito-repelling
THEN, my first night after POP and maybe because of rainy weather, i woke up with not one but TWO mosquito bites! walao! the irony.

alright, i've ran out of things to say. i WILL miss BMT for sure, and my beloved welfare Falcon company. I think i will die in SISPEC (if i go there) cos my BMT was so damn slack. My platoon rarely got pumped, and my company is quite welfare. oh well. hope i get into Echo Wing (the supposed welfare company in SISPEC)

cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment