Tuesday 17 May 2011

Update

Hello my dear friends who read my blog. I haven't been providing real-life updates in a while, so here I go! I'll do it in point form so it's easier to read k!

1) I have just started work at Globalsign.in !
It's a very small company that provides web-based services for companies and the such. My role is there is admin-based and I basically check the contact details of all the major companies by calling them up and verifying them. So I talk to alot of CEOs and Directors! haha.
Their website here

The office is a little shophouse 5 mins from Somerset MRT, and I'm paid $7.50/h. Yupyup answered all your questions already right haha.

My lunch time is 1-2PM, so if you want to ask me for lunch can meet at that time! And I end work at 6pm, so ditto for dinner.


2) Writing career!
Ok the title is overstating it, but if you know me well, you will know that I have 2 passions in life-
One is gaming, another is writing.
And as for now the game of the moment is Starcraft 2, which I've played since it was released last year in.. August? July? Can't remember.
So more accurately put, my passions are Starcraft 2 (SC2) and writing.

And recently, I have found a way to combine both!

Out of randomness and boredom, I decided to do a writeup on my own games and make a blog entry out of it, and also posted it over at this community website SC2SEA, which is the regional website for SC2.

I followed up with a 2nd and 3rd entry, publishing all of them there, and it was surprisingly very well-received by the people there.... And I offered my 'services' to them, and I was actually asked to join them as a writer! wahaha. It's not paid la, but still.

Click to enlarge
I am crazerk/atqhteo yes :)

And there were even people who sent me Private Messages to ask me to cover certain tournaments for them.

And this includes some people from Flash E-sports who asked me to write for them! They are like a start-up website/company that is looking to promote e-sports in the region.
Look it's me!
Haha supposed to put a profile picture but i lazy to put . Wait till they ask me to put again

So to summarize my new writing career:
I'll be writing a weekly column 'Road to Masters' which I'll post on SC2SEA (already have 2 week's worth of material, gonna stack them up so can slack haha)
I'll be writing articles periodically for Flash E-Sports.
I'll be writing tournament recaps occasionally whenever I'm asked.

All on Starcraft 2!! Yay!

I wonder if this kind of thing can put in resume one anot HAHA. Just try luh no harm.


3) RESULTS IN TWO WEEKS
Yes, NUS is releasing our exam results in 2 weeks time.. AHHHH
Am I nervous? Not really. I have more or less accepted the fact that I'll be doing worse than last sem.. it's just a matter of how much worse.

My MAIN concern is this module SSB2216 - Employee Management... I just REALLY REALLY hope I pass it. So that I can S/U it. Yes, I'm worried I may fail it. Of course, the miracle would be I get a B for it, then I won't even S/U it. If it's B- and below, I hope I get a C, so I wont feel that I wasted my S/U just for a 'B-'.
(I'm going to S/U B- too because I want to keep my CAP as high as possible for exchange)


4) DAMN UNFIT
Ok I had plans to exercise since Sunday and every single day I keep pushing it off. Tomorrow I won't be running for sure because I'm meeting the gf... so means earliest I'll run is Thursday -_- ZzzZzz.

Why do I NEED to run? Because my X chromosome decided to pair up with a Y chromosome and make me a boy, and I had to complete NS, and after that I have to pass IPPT every single year if not I'll have to go for Remedial Training. -_-

And my worst station is the 2.4KM run.. seriously it's a retarded station it's just trying to burst your lungs every time to just pass.

I'm just aiming to pass, and I can only do 6 pullups anyway so... I NEED TO TRAIN MY RUNNING.


5) I don't really have a #5, but lists always have 5 things in them don't they. Ok I have a number 5 - Thanks for reading and keep coming back k! Actually don't need just follow me on Twitter and I'll update you when I make a new post! KTNXBAI!

No comments:

Post a Comment