Tuesday 3 May 2011

Scream again!

Good day, good day :)

Today was a good day. Went to Toys R Us with szehongzssz to buy a jigsaw puzzle! hahaha.

We're wearing matching outfits btw lolol.

 We were thinking of something fun to do cos like everytime go out watch movie / eat is like..... monotone. haha. ok i'm 'haha'-ing and 'lolol'ing too much it's annoying myself I shall try to cut it out hah-..... :x

Will be working on the jigsaw puzzle tomorrow! 1000 pieces k no joke! Hope we manage to complete it.

And since we went to Toys R Us, I also picked up a new Rubik's Cube! My old one was broken or something I can't remember.. overuse? lololol. Yea I was quite crazy over it for a period of time (wow it was 4 years ago, after scouring through my archives. Link here)

But I can't remember the algorithms!! Argh. I only got up to the 2nd layer and I forgot the rest of the algorithms - a good 3-4 more I think. Have to go and find and relearn :/
Show you the good (solved) side :)

Oh and I received news that instead of just two readers.. my blog actually has THREE readers! Wow! I'm going to be famous soon. Better get ready some quotable quote. Erm erm.
'Amateurs do it till they get it right. Professionals do it till they can't get it wrong.'

HA good right! But it's not original so :( Anyway yea THANKS FOR READING I will be blogging more k i promise since it's my holidays.

Wow I digress much. This blog post is supposed to be about - the movie I watched today!! Scream 4!!!

Well I'm a huge Scream fan for some reason.. I watched the entire franchise (since 1996! wow. that's really old. I was just.. 7? ) I was quite into horror movies in my teenage years so.. yea. Thus when I heard there was Scream 4, I HAD to watch it! How could I not?


That's right, that's the hot Hayden Pannetiere (from Heroes!) and Adam Brody right behind her!
And of course the original Immortal 3 at the back. (I call them Immortal 3 because they never die.. from Scream 1 to Scream 3 they will always come close to but never die)

So I will just give a spoiler-free brief gist/review of it here, and if you don't mind spoilers you can read on after the post break!

In case you didn't know, Scream 1 -3 follows the life of Sidney Campbell, and every movie there is a new killer (or killers) who wears the iconic Scream mask:
Ok that was a terrible summary of the movies. However, being the hardworking (and soon to be popular, remember?) blogger I am, I shall link you to the synopsis (synopses?) of Scream 1 2 and 3 if you want to read them!
Scream 1 (IMDB)
Scream 2 (IMDB)
Scream 3 (Wikipedia)

The plots are actually decently written unlike other crappy horror movies, that's why I can't really summarize it well! Really ok!

Anyway, Scream 4 is about Sidney finally coming out of hiding and going back to her hometown of Woodsboro and publishing a motivational book about overcoming adversities (I mean, she has gone through 3 big serial murders) And just when she comes out, another serial killer appears, and preys on the younger generation such as Sidney's cousin and her friends.

What I liked about it was how they were 'parodying the parodies'. If you didn't know, the series 'Scary Movie' spoofs almost every major horror movie ever made, with the Scream series being a big part of it. So Scream 4 seemed to be an indirect shot back at them. Their opening scene was SO Scary Movie! I almost forgot I was watching an actual horror movie and not a spoof of one.

The central theme was about how it was a 'new decade, new rules' (as on the poster), since the original murders occurred a decade ago. Thus they had to try to figure out the new rules that the murderer was 'playing by'.

If you didn't watch the previous series and followed the spoof scene (Scary Movie 1-4), I don't know how enjoyable you will find it, but I think it was a decent movie overall! Hey, it's rated 7.3/10 on IMDB ok! That's quite good for that site!
And there are cameos from big names such as Adam Brody, Kristen Bell and Anna Paquin (Rogue from X-Men!) (I didn't even notice these two lol! Didn't realize it was them) and the cast has Hayden Pannatiere (I swear her name is damn hard to spell), Emma Roberts (Julia Robert's niece! Very pretty!)
Hot

Ok I'm going to move on to the spoiler parts. If you plan to watch the movie, DON'T read on! If you're not reading on.. THANKS FOR READING SO FAR BYE.



Ok my favorite line from the movie has to be 'Don't F*ck with the originals'. Hahaha. That basically sums up the message they were sending to the spoofs and parodies and so aptly put into the show.

And because of that, I kinda predicted that the Immortal Three of Sidney, Gayle and Dewey won't die as in all the previous movies - and I was right. Lol. Even when Sidney was stabbed I was thinking 'Nah.. they won't let her die'.

In spite of that, the movie provided sufficient twists to keep things exciting.. though eventually I processed and realized the fact that everyone was going to die (besides the Immortal 3), just a matter of when.

And I LOVED the references back to the originals - the similar killings (that garage door scene!!), the boyfriend sneaking into bedroom scene (as in Scream 1), the phone call and iconic lines 'What's your favourite horror movie?' (even if they spoofed and mocked it themselves within the movie)

Ohh and that scene where Emma Roberts 'set-up' the whole crime scene... who can NOT cringe man! Ouch.

Haha ok it feels so refreshing to blog I should do this more often. Gnite!

1 comment:

  1. [...] Now the first reaction from some people will be like ‘boring!’, ‘overused!’ , ‘childish!’, and I say I DONT’T CARE. You must understand one thing – Scream was my favourite childhood movie. Like really absolute favourite, the kind where people ask you ‘Favourite Movie?’ and I will SCREAM! (pun) (I didn’t really scream.) And it’s really childhood movie lor, 1996 was the first Scream! I even wrote a review of the lastest (and probably last) of the franchise, Scream 4, over here. [...]

    ReplyDelete