Saturday 17 May 2008

Expenditure

After some extravagant living in the first 3 months of my army, i decided i was spending way more than i wanted to. Thus i started keeping a log book of ALL my spending, writing all my expenditure down.
This was both to track my spending as well as to keep track of in what aspect i'm spending the most in. The results did surprise me.

Here's a chart i drew up.. i'll briefly explain each category:

Snacks: Any snacks, drinks that are bought for non-meal time consumption.
Entertainment: Any form of spending for entertainment purposes - e.g. movie, LAN, buying a PSP, etc
Transport: Bus / Cab fares
Clothing: clothes, shoes, anything worn
Army: Any expenditure relating to army , which covers equipment and indirect purposes (e.g. haircut for army)
Gifts: Presents for other people.
Food: Meals

Here's the results:

Photobucket
Wow. I didn't realise i spent SO much on snacks. And i didn't expect Transport to be the 2nd highest expenditure. Guess i'm taking too many cabs :/
Oh yes, i left out the PSP amount in the calculations... otherwise it'll lob-side Entertainment.

This was from 12th April to 12th May. Wow i spent more in one day than i did in a month (the total monthly expenditure is about 350, while PSP = 355 dollars)

I either have to maintain my spending or cut it down! I think most likely maintain bah. I expect army expenditure to rise this month, and snacks will rise for sure (food is damn important for motivation in the army)

Sigh. happy eve of eve of Vesak day everyone. oh yes, happy birthday to boonlay too. (yes my fren's name is boonlay)

No comments:

Post a Comment