Wednesday 1 August 2007

a poem

Untitled

The autumn air is chilly
Bits of frost line the browning leaves
A gust of wind
The leaves on the ground rustle
My window pane shakes

I press my face against the cold glass
My warm breath leaves a patch of vapour
My eyes sweep the empty lawn
I feel the eager thump in my chest
And then you appear

Gracefully, magnificently, effortlessly
You stroll towards my front yard
Your moving figure pierces the still air
Leaves crunch under your delicate steps

A falling leaf hits the ground
Your poignant gaze averts heavenward
Your crystal, blue eyes shimmered in the dull air

You wait another second
as if to survey the surroundings
Another gust of wind shakes the trees
In the warmth of my home
I still shiver
More leaves rain from the sky

There is a majestic aura about you
My princess, how glorious you are!
You stand stock-still, soaking in the sun
Your bronze hair reflects the golden rays

A hint of a smile creeps across your face
I subconsciously smile too
Your head turns toward mine
Our eyes lock
A warm glow sweeps over me

You scurried over quickly
My outstretched arms beckons
My hands rest on your soft, warm skin
A tingle of affection ripples through my body

I scoop your feline body into my arms
You purr in sweet response
I scratch your neck, stroke your head
You nose scrunges up; your eyes close with pleasure
I turn and walk back into the comfort of the house
Let's go get you some food.
~-- by alan teo 2007 (C)


nice nice nice?? this idea struck me when i was walking to school in the morning.. i just had to pen it down. i showed it to pamela who was next to me and there was.. unsatisfactory response but NEVERMIND I STILL LIKE IT.
i can't think of a satisfactory title for it.. i dont want to put 'cat' because that'll give away the ending.

I need a title!

No comments:

Post a Comment