Friday 9 February 2007

my ARMY registration ordeal

Heh i got my Registration Letter on 11th January and forgot all about it. Then today they sent me a 'Registration Reminder' Letter. Lucky they did sia otherwise i CONFIRM forget.. i totally forgot about it earlier on la.

So i went to the website www.ns.sg to apply..

Super alot alot of things to fill up.. they like want to know everything about you. Sheesh the govt should have some database or something. So troublesome.

Then then then at the 'deferment from NS' page came the problem. I selected to apply for deferment (which means postpone your NS to next year, etc (cos now schooling ma) ) ... then it brought me to this other page to submit another super long form (takes 30-40 minutes to fill up) (i took 2-3 hours cos i was doing other stuff also haha)

Then i went to ask around all my other guy friends.. and they all said after they applied for deferment then finish already. Said accepted and finish.

So i started to get worried how come my deferment not accepted.. then to fill up that long form, the last step is to book my medical checkup. So fast?! So panic panic. Spam SMS ask around.

Finally decided to call up their customer service hotline. The first 10 steps are just responding to the machine. Like 'For Pre-enlistees, press 1. ' , 'For A level students, pRess 2' etc etc.

Finally got put through to a female customer service personnel.. then after checking some stuff she told me to just go ahead with that long form, the 'system' will automatically know that i'm still studying so won't enlist me so early.

So i went ahead to submit that form and book my medical checkup date (MAY17th! remind me!).. then it said 'You have registered for NS on ##date##. You will be enlisted after you have been deemed fully fit for NS' (something like that)

This got me worried.. what if they enlist me like in July or something. Ha. So i called up the customer service AGAIN, this time was a guy. Then i asked him about it.. then he told wa smore helpful than the girl before, told me that 'JC2 students dont have to defer.. just book my checkup and go'. Then i asked him why my friends all can defer. Then he told me they will get a letter soon to ask them to choose a window perdiod for their medical checkup while i can pick a specific date at my own convenience. =)

So, i win. haha.

Yupyup. Army!! I can't wait. You get paid for training! So shiok man. Yea yea i know it's shiong and all .. but i think ill like it. YOU GET PAID HELLO. haha. But for now.. need to get past another hurdle.

EYYYY LAIR VER

No comments:

Post a Comment