Wednesday 17 January 2007

misdedicated songs on radio

heh this was brought to my attention by teehaoo (my classmate) and i checked it out and it was really true! =)

Well ok you know on stations like 987FM etc , they have song dedications? And people call in to dedicate songs to their friends, colleagues, etc?

Well, some ignorant boyfriends / girlfriends have called in and made a big blunder - they dedicate a song which they thought was some sort of love song to their partner..

e.g. 'I would like to dedicate Irreplaceable to my darling suzie! i love her so!'

Well you know how sometimes when you listen to songs, you only catch one line from the song, e.g. the title of the sing or the chorus or something like that. Well the last line of the chorus of Beyonce's Irreplaceable goes: "You're irreplaceable"

Sounds pretty sweet right? boyfriend telling girlfriend she's irreplaceable. WELL NO. Look at the whole chorus:


"You must not know bout me
You must not know bout me
I could have another you by tomorrow
so don't you ever for a second get to thinkin'
You're irreplaceable"


HAHAHHAHA OWNED. If the girlfriend actually hears the song carefully.. hahaha the relationship is OVER.


Another funny one which is more subtle, you need to actually hear the lyrics more clearly and in context to realise it's not what it seems to be. I pity those couples who dedicate these songs to each other ^^

Ever heard of Hinder's 'Lips of an Angel'? Sounds like a pretty sweet love song, if you just hear the chorus by itself:

And i never want to say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel

So.. it seems like a compliment isn't it? Well that's what i thought too. but let's look at the verses of the song..

Honey why you calling me so late
It's kinda hard to talk right now
Honey why you crying
Is everythign ok
I gotta whisper cause i can't be too loud

Well my girls in the next room
Sometimes i wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on

It's really good to hear your voice
Sayin my name
It sounds so sweet
Comin from the lips of an angel
Hearin those words
It makes me weak

It's funny that you're callin me tonight
And yes I dreamt of you too
Does he know your talkin' to me?
Will it start a fight?
No, I don't think she has a clue



HAHA. The context of the song is actually this guy talking to his ex on the phone while he presently already had a girlfriend, who was in the next room. Then his ex also has a boyfriend. And apparently he can't get over her because - blabla.

HA so all those guys who go and dedicate this song to their girlfriends.. it's kinda weird eh. ^_^


Ok so next time you want to dedicate a song on the radio.. listen carefully to the lyrics first!! =D don't be another fool to misdedicate a song!

No comments:

Post a Comment