Saturday 31 December 2016

Highlights of 2016!


Completed one cycle of NS!

After somehow avoiding reservist for 5 years, I got called up this year :( The 2 weeks was pretty tough mainly because of the lack of sleep (waking up at 530 every day wth), but glad I made it through. One down, nine more to go -_-

Cleared IPPT during reservist, despite running like a tortoise


Watched a live soccer match for the first time in my life

As part of the perks of my company, got 2 free tickets to an S-League match so decided to check it out. Was a pretty boring match, but oh well.



I switched jobs (again).

I still question myself on whether this was the right decision, but I guess I'll find out in 2017 when my 1-yr contract ticks to an end. If I had stayed on where I was, I would have a cushy office and perhaps clocked '2 years' at a company to look better on my resume, provided the company didn't continue to cut people which it seemed like it would. Oh well.

Started riding to work!

Because my new job was within cycling distance, I bought a bicycle and began cycling to work. Now I've grown fairly attached to my bicycle, and can't imagine not cycling anymore (which is likely to happen in 2017). I'm gonna miss the 15 minute journeys to/fro work :(



Met an old friend

My exchange in the US was one of the best periods of my life, and whenever I get to re-live any aspect of it I'm glad. This year one of my Asian American friends Melody from Boston actually came to SG because her cousin was getting married. Of course we had to meet up!


Got to hang out with her and her cousin which was a pretty good time. Forgot how bubbly and talkative she was, and so was initially nervous about meeting up, but turns out the worry was for nothing haha.

Went to Timbre for the first time and discovered 53A

Decided to tag along with colleagues who went to Timbre (Substation), and discovered the super talented local band 53A! The frontrunner Sara Wee is so cool <3 haha

Performed in a band

Even though I've been playing for church service for years, I've never actually performed for people. Got the opportunity to do so for a work event this year, and I must say we sounded pretty damn good! Quite a pity that nobody videoed it :( My favourite piece was our medley of Rude - I'm Yours. I learnt a tribal beat on the cajon for it and thought it was pretty cool.




Got married!

In spite of the difficult circumstances leading up to it, it turned out pretty damn well. Everything was pretty smooth, my best man Darren handled any hiccups flawlessly, Pity I could't invite more, but we wanted to keep the event small and cozy.

My favourite shot

In relation to this, I also enjoyed our full day pre-wedding photoshoot. It was very tiring but very rewarding to see how the pictures turned out.



Watched a musical in Singapore for the first time in my life

In quite a last minute decision, we caught Wicked in one of its final runs. Turned out pretty good! Though the only song I knew was Defying Gravity haha.

Started and stopped WoW

The expansion, Legion, came out this year, so I wanted to try it. Went back to playing one of my favourite games of all time, and had some pretty damn memorable moments, such as our first Mythic Ilgynoth kill which was very dramatic. Unfortunately, life caught up and I decided it was better to stop playing. Oh well, good bye WoW forever.



Went for honeymoon in Germany and Prague!

The trip was fairly eventful, with its highlights and lowlights (is this a thing?). The bell-clanging demons will always be THE story I tell people if they ask about the trip. Our car clipping the pavement and busting its tyre was especially memorable too. All in all, an interesting trip that was very cold. Made a blog psot on it here: http://crazerk.blogspot.sg/2016/12/honeymoon-trip-to-germany-and-czech.html



Went sailing for the first time in my life

Was jioed by churchies to go for a free sailing event organised by DBS, and was glad for it! Went on a small sail boat and was out at sea (well, the Marina waterfront) for half an hour. Got to control the sails and steer the boat. Pretty cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment