Saturday 6 October 2012

Birthday in the USA!

My 23rd birthday just passed, and... it went better than I expected! Well I had not expected much out of it in the first place, I'm not big on celebrations and parties and stuff so I just wanted a chillax card playing session. It was quite problematic actually, because it was the Columbus Day long weekend so many people were travelling and wasn't free on Friday, and because of some other stuff that's too complicated to explain.

I eventually managed to scrap together something, with like a 50% response rate lol. But it was SO much fun. To me, at least. Heh.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="446"] The plan was to play Texas Hold'Em! I bought this set of chips off Amazon[/caption]

BUT before this...

I have this friend Peter, a really nice friendly guy from Massachusetts who's Vietnamese/Thai, who I got to know over here in America. I had asked him to come for this poker thing, and he began to ask suspicious things:



I didn't want him to buy me cake la, like so paisei! I don't even know him thaaaat well, just bump into each other occasionally at the gym, play pingpong together.

That was a few days before my birthday. Then on the day itself:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="260"] That last line made me crack up seriously lol. 'It's for my homework' HAHAHA.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="352"] AND HE TURNS UP WITH A WHOLE CHEESECAKE FROM CHEESECAKE FACTORY[/caption]

LIKE OMG!?!

I would already have been pretty touched if he just got me some normal cheap fruit cake, given how he didn't really know anyone else there and we only just knew each other for over a month. But. He got a WHOLE cheesecake from the yummiest cheesecake place in the world!

Ok maybe not in the world but it was super delicious! Sorry for the lousy photo.

Ok, delicious yummy cheesecake aside. We devoured it quickly and ... on to the games!

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="561"] Me explaining the game to them. I actually won quite a bit, then some people began to run out of money (chips) so I kept sponsoring them, then end up I wasn't the biggest winner lol.[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="494"] We switched to Banana Scrabble after poker. It was really fun! It's something like speed Scrabble, you have to race to finish up your tiles.[/caption]

And after we finished playing, they're damn cute la they went to do this with the tiles:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="514"] awww[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="558"] Don't ask me why they wanted to carry me[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="545"] :D It was a fun night with awesome company. Thank God for how everything worked out after the initial hiccups :}[/caption]

The day ended off really well imo. I already had a decent day, spending the afternoon gymming + playing basketball and a bit of pingpong, and I returned to my dorm pretty tired physically, but still had to prepare for this gathering that I arranged. And it turned out splendid! It's like, everyone was nice and fun to talk to and have around. And I was winning. So. HA. ok the winning part is secondary.

I should sleep soon, it's like 2.30 AM here. Have a long day tomorrow, going to be meeting Singaporeans in Boston at some event, then I'm off to New York! Pray for my safety I'm genuinely scared I get robbed! Bye!

P.S. Oh we had a video too:







Just our random conversation as I was cutting the cake ... there's one funny part at 1:13 so you can skip to that.

1 comment:

  1. [...] is alan's blog Skip to content HomeAboutFAQ ← Birthday in the USA! October 17, 2012 · 11:47 AM ↓ Jump to [...]

    ReplyDelete