Tuesday 12 April 2011

Fly

Darn it, insomnia is coming back to me for some reason. I don't even feel stressed or anything. Why it is occurring? For the past 2 days I've been waking up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. Not just once, but MANY times. By my estimate, about 4-5 times. It totally disrupts my sleep cycle and as a result I'm lethargic in the day.

Anyway, last night I had an awesome dream. It is probably the one most common dream among everyone in the world.

I dreamt that I could fly.

A more common occurrence in my dreams is that I can glide - When i jump off a great height, by lifting my legs I can somehow delay my freefall and continue gliding at that height. I can even kick off that height as if I'm pushing off some invisible springboard, and go to a greater height.

My dream last night, however, was of me flying. I don't remember the preceding events but it started with me being in the ocean.

I can't remember who I was with, but there were 1-2 other people with me. So we were just wading in the ocean when a big wave came in and swept me further out. I taunted the sea, saying 'Come on! You can bring me further than that!' (I've no idea why I wanted to be brought further out)  and it responded with 2 more subsequent waves which brought me waaaay out into the open of the ocean.

Then with a push upwards, I flew above the water and burst into the air. Soon I was rising high above the canopy of trees, soaring past the greenery, as if I was carrying a cameraman with me and we were shooting a scene for Survivor.

Then I don't know what happened, but it was like I let someone else take over the flying and I just hung on, and that person was a terrible flyer. He glided throughout the canopy and almost crashed against some branches once or twice.

We were heading to this island next to Singapore - a very distinct island which I've no idea what it was. But I knew we were headed there. So this other flyer was flying us towards that, and we were approaching my house area when he kept losing altitude until we eventually touched the ground.

I got frustrated, and I said 'Come on, I'll fly us there'. And with a burst - I rocketed high into the air and I could see my entire neighbourhood, as well as the island we were supposed to go. I flew towards it till we were vertically above, and I did some crazy stunt where I accelerated towards the ground at a speed so fast that within the next second we were at ground level and I braked instantly and landed smoothly. Super exciting!


Then we were at some Key Installation, something like the Airport or something that I was guarding during my stint in army. I can't remember what it was. But I saw this dude who did patrol with me, his name is Chris. I said hi to him and he asked me to go patrol with him. I said no of course, because I wasn't here to do duty. I was just... I've no idea what I was there for actually. But not to do patrol.

I noticed his uniform was a bit faded so I asked him if he was doing reservist, which he said yes. And so he left to do his patrol. Then i leaned over to the wall socket and pulled out my iPhone charger and checked my iPhone battery (?? I've no idea why it was there.. yes we are supposed to be on some other island. But that's how dreams are, totally random)

And I woke up shortly after that. Feeling exhilarated from the flying experience, but highly irritated that I had woken once again for no apparent reason in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment