Thursday 27 January 2011

update

hello to whoever still actually visits my blog even though the frequency of posts is dismal - THANKS FOR COMING. I mean, no harm right, just put it in your daily rotation of 'random websites to visit' and if no post then just go to the next one lor. NO HARM. haha.

Anyway, just a quick update to what i've been up to. If you have noticed, my MSN nick/ Twitter has been complaining about Starcraft2, the game i supposedly love so much.

Well, the gist of the problem is this - SC2 has several leagues of play, bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond, and recently the new Master league. Being in a higher league means you are better skilled. I've been in diamond for quite awhile, and since the inception of the Master league, i've been trying to get in. BUT I CANT. I keep losing alot and some losses are just dumb. So it has got me very very pek chek. so. !#(*!&# Starcraft2.

I'm limiting myself to just 5 league games a day now, to limit this pek chek ness. If I win all 5 then maybe play more.


And on to other news.... I CANT WAIT FOR FEB5TH. Another vexing story - My re-contract eligibility is actually Feb3rd, but that is the first day of CNY so all Singtel shops are closed!! (why no Malays!?) and they are only open on Feb5th!! So I can only get my iPHONE THEN! argh.

It's crazy - just in my arts camp OG alone, there are TWELVE people who own an iPhone. Why so many ah. Then i was telling my friend, wa, if I get also, then i'll be the UNLUCKY THIRTEENTH. later my iPhone drop into toilet bowl how?

Argh anyway. Can't. Wait. 9 more days.


On to school news.. wa this is like watching some news report ah. And on to the weather... it looks cloudy and may rain. Oh something I learnt in philo - logic :
"
If it is raining, it is cloudy
It is cloudy
_______
It is raining.
"
This is an INVALID argument, because the conclusion is not always true when the premises are true (i.e. when it is cloudy, it may not be raining)

On the other hand:
"
If it is raining, it is cloudy.
It is raining
_______
It is cloudy"
This is a VALID argument, because whenever the premises are true, the conclusion is also true.
The line --------- means 'therefore' by the way'.


yup that's the nonsense i learn in school, and i've been pretty busy with projects and stuff, and more are coming in. I think I'm trying to shoulder too much of the project(s) on my own.. feel like just chilling.
Not been very disciplined! Today studied till about 3pm or earlier then I stopped already. zz. Lured by the computer.

I think i tweeted this before - I need an iPhone so that it can be my distraction instead of the PC. The rationale is that when i use my PC, it's for long periods and normally denotes the end of studying because it is outside of my room.
However, just taking a break to play some iPhone games is different, i can still stay in my room and get back to my books after the break. (just like how it was last time with iPod Touch)

Yup. So . 9 more days. And i realised I've been using hyphens alot this blog post - like this.

Ok, that's all folks. eat your vitamins and shit often.

No comments:

Post a Comment