Saturday 15 January 2011

i hate sleep

I think sleep is a waste of time.

The average person sleeps 7 hours every day, and that's 49 hours in a week, 210 in a month, about 2400 hours in a year. That's about 100 days worth. We lose 100 freaking days every year  because we have to sleep.

So effectively, every 3 years of your life, you lose one year! So if you are 21 years old, you are actually 14. You lost 7 years in sleeping time.

I find myself dreading sleep sometimes. Well, not dreading REST, that's different. If we are exhausted and need rest, we will look forward to sleep. But when we are NOT exhausted/tired, and we are just doing stuff or looking forward to the next day, the thought of having to go to bed 'because it's late' is just so annoying.

And we can't NOT do it because we will feel really tired if we fall short of our sleep requirement.

Can you imagine if we had a biological button that we could push that switches us off and on again, fully recharged, xx hours later? That would be awesome wouldn't it. Better yet, what if we had some neurological dysfunction that causes us to not sleep yet be able to recharge our energy.

I also wish we could teleport. Transport is yet another time waster in life. I spend about 2.5 hours a day travelling when I go to school. Assuming I go to school 5 days a week, that's 12.5 hours a week, and about 600 hours a year wasted. That's 30 days a year spent travelling! (I'm doing all this arithmetic via rough mental estimations, so if you want to double check you can use a calculator)

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could just blink and reach home? Blink and go to school? Sure, the SBS would be out of job. But they are terribad anyway. Go to Twitter and search #SBSruinslives and find all the complains.

Wow this was such a disjointed random rambling post. I think I'm still doozy from inhaling BBQ smoke from huijun's 21st. I reached there, had a plate of fried rice and spent the rest of my time standing at the BBQ pit. Mostly girls and all the slack imagirlicantBBQilldirtymynails type. Oh well. I don't really mind.

The problem with saying 'wanna sub?' to the person at the BBQ pit is that you never know who's going to say 'wanna sub' to you after you take over. It may be never. I think if I ever had the craziness to have a BBQ ( i won't, i hate them. It's conceptually flawed because your friends have to BBQ and it's a wearisome job and someone ends up suffering) I will draw up a rotation shift for the BBQ pit.

Ok I think I will stop. Right here. Right now. Is that some HSM song? oh dear. I shall end.

1 comment:

  1. [URL=http://videosavers.net/films/1840-skachat-fil-m-posle-zakata-20.html]скачать фильм После заката (2004) BDRip Скачать видео фильмы, кино, клипы, музыку[/URL] скачать фильмы на телефон скачать бесплатно русское
    скачать фильм Високосный год (2010) HDRip Скачать видео фильмы, кино, клипы, музыку музыка из фильмов скачать бесплатно группа кино скачать бесплатно
    [URL=http://videosavers.net/films/2246-skachat-fil-m-zagadki-istorii.html]скачать фильм Загадки истории. Побег Фюрера (2009) SATRip Скачать видео фильмы, кино, клипы, музыку[/URL] песни бесплатно скачать скачать бесплатные песни
    Экспертный Справочник по Точке G (2007) BDRip Скачать видео фильмы, кино, клипы, музыку фильмы торрент скачать без регистрации кино группа скачать
    [URL=http://videosavers.net/music/5227-arrival-sampler-no-2-2010.html]Arrival Sampler No 2 (2010) Скачать видео фильмы, кино, клипы, музыку[/URL] скачать фильм скачать кино в качестве
    Улицы крови / Streets of Blood 2009 (DVDRip+DVD5) Скачать видео фильмы, кино, клипы, музыку фильмы торрент скачать игры скачать бесплатно

    ReplyDelete