Sunday 17 April 2016

Mother learns the smartphone (1)

I recently passed my mom my old Samsung Galaxy S4 phone to use, and it's the very first time she's using a smartphone. Her old phone was some Nokia-like small bar phone.

Being a 60+ year old woman with limited knowledge of technology, it can be extremely frustrating to teach her how to use the phone. I decided to pen down some of the conversations we have to vent abit.

--

Mom: "How do I record my singing? I want to hear if it's nice"
Me: "It's not nice, don't record"

---

Mom: "What's this paper clip thing?"
Me: "It's to attach photos. It's an ADVANCED TECHNIQUE that you should not worry about for now"

--

Mom: How do I read the (Whatsapp) chat??
Me: Just tap on the conversation you want to read
Mom: Tap where?
Me: Tap anywhere..
- she then taps on the bottom of the screen or at random blank spaces -
Me: Tap anywhere ON the conversation...

--

- She came to me while playing around with Whatsapp and asked-
Mom: How come my friends all suddenly talking to me?

I was a bit confused, because she just got Whatsapp and had 0 conversations. When I looked at her screen, I realised she was on the 'Contacts' tab, and the 'messages' she saw were just the status messages of her individual contacts...

--

2 comments:

  1. I am very interested in your post! Thank you so much!!!
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post.
    So interesting!
    Cook at quick smoothie recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete