Tuesday 2 February 2016

The Kiwi Who Flew

There was a Kiwi, he lived on a tree,
He sang and he chirped, but unhappy was he.
He longed to fly, soar over the skies,
But he was afraid, "I'll get hurt!" he cries.
 
A pigeon flew in, cooing and fussing,
'Come on little Kiwi, come chase your dream!'
But the Kiwi said "No, I am comfortable here,
Being lost out there, is what I fear!"
 
Next a crow swooped over, and shot him a glance,
'Just flap your wings, and you'll be airborne at once!'
But the Kiwi said "No, I don't have the strength,
My wings will fail, they don't have the length!"
Then came a sparrow, lightly flitting by,
'My wings are short too, you just have to try!'
The Kiwi said "Fine!" And jumped off with trust,
And into the sky, he was airborne at last!
 
But he didn't go far,
He dipped,
He dropped,
He crashed.
 
There was a Kiwi, he lived on a tree,
He sang and he chirped, happy was he.
'Aren't you hurt?' a concerned bird cried,
"Yes", he beamed. "But at least I tried!"
 
---
 
Be like the Kiwi - pursue your dreams. Don't be afraid of getting lost, don't be afraid of not being capable. You just have to try. I pursued my dream of working in the gaming industry, and while I've found that it's not suitable for me, at least I've tried. Have you?

2 comments: