Tuesday 1 July 2014

NUS Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Prize

 I went to school today to collect my graduation gown and my invitation package. I didn't give it a second look because I was kind of in a rush.

Upon arriving home, I took a second look at the invitation card and got a shock:


What?? I won??

I knew that my prof had nominated my thesis for this prize, but I had not received any news from him or anyone about it since then. So this was quite a surprise. :o

I went to check out the Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher website archives for winners and lo and behold...


Indeed I had won! And my name was listed first ! haha. cheap thrills.

I read on further in my commencement package, and apparently because I was an award winner, my guests had VIP seats! Which are basically closer to the stage I think.

Nice silver invites (instead of an orange colored card I believe)

This was such a random pleasant surprise!! I totally did not expect to win at all and in fact I found it a bit strange why my prof wanted to recommend me back then. Thank God for this great blessing!

Oh, and what is the prize, you may ask? Well, according to the website, it is $2000....but "the prizes awarded must be used towards participation in related activities/programmes which includes overseas/local conferences/workshops, leadership seminars or any such related activity approved by the Faculty/School that are deemed to add value to a student's education and overall development."

BOOO. I was thinking, what on earth can I go for, now that I've started working and all. So I just emailed the Dean's office to ask about it and this was their reply...






ZOMGGGG I'M RICHHH!!!

$2000!!!

I'm so happy :D

--

Anyway, here is a link to my thesis if any crazy soul wants to read it. It is more or less the same thing as what I submitted for the prize, just a little polished up results and discussion. Just skip the Results section as you probably won't get it if you don't know a lot of stats. I've heard the methods section was rather interesting so don't skip that :p

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cimmzbhcogy2b8k/A0072092%20-%20GOD%20PRIME%20AND%20APPRAISALS.pdf


1 comment:

  1. I have read your article. very interesting and give me a lot of useful information.
    Cook at healthy smoothie recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete