Friday 30 November 2012

My Professor is a troll!

Context: My module Psychology of Learning has two mid-terms and one finals - all of which are MCQ (or so we are told). We had our first mid-term earlier in the semester which was 25 MCQ, and today was my second mid-term, which was supposed to be 25 MCQ too.

So at 3.30PM the professor walked into class and gave out the bubble form to shade our MCQs. As we filled in our details, he began writing some stuff on the board, and said "As you know, this mid term has 25 MCQs...' and he wrote '25 MCQ - 1 mark each'. Then he continued writing: "1 Essay - 4 marks'.

Murmurs and gasps of surprise/shock/disbelief echoed throughout the lecture room (yes it's kind of a room here, not a hall or theatre like in NUS). I heard a girl mutter 'can he do this??!' and others go 'omg' as the room was abuzz with a light chatter.

The professor kept a straight face and began handing out the papers, and said something along the lines of "If you have any questions, just raise your hand, like if the essay question is too difficult..." as he gave out the papers.

Personally, I was actually smirking inside and somehow felt confident because, well, NUS has prepared me well with MAINLY essay exams and it's only in the US here in Boston Uni that everything somehow is MCQ. I didn't doubt my smoking skills will trump the Americans.  Thus, in my mind, I wasn't thinking 'I am so screwed' but 'I may be screwed but these people are more screwed than me" LOL.

Naturally, when everyone got a copy of the exam paper we all flipped to search for this mysterious surprise essay question. When I saw it, my eyes rolled to the back of my head and came back down the other side.
"In more than one sentence, suggest how this course can be improved. Full marks will be given as long as your answer is clearly and sensibly written. (4 marks)"

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="210"] And below the question there was this image[/caption]

Ok fine there wasn't a trollface but walaoeh!!! So troll!

 

Oh, I got a 24/25 for the quiz (he let you check answers after you hand it in). Damn it silly single mistake. (oh, and +4m for the ESSAY question. Gave him a good three lines of feedback, including 'Professors should not give students heart attacks'.) (Ok fine I didn't write that)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment