Sunday 19 February 2012

Szehong's 21st Birthday

Today was my girlfriend's 21st birthday, and I know some of you have been asking me what on earth I have been planning, so I'm going to blog about it briefly here!

At the stroke of midnight, I posted this on her Facebook wall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPOHS5vjW1E&feature=youtu.be

(Just a 1 minute video of me wishing her happy birthday and singing her happy birthday, with blooper reel. WARNING: My singing is bad)

So that was just the birthday wish.

And as for the main concept of the present, it was to give her an experience, not just a single present. Thus I termed it 'The Princess Treatment' (yes yes, cliche, corny, blabla), in which I would be pampering her with presents and stuff.

The experience basically consisted of 21 unique presents, such as chocolate, her favourite food, her favourite drink, a necklace, a song (specially written for her), lunch and dinner, etc. I compiled everything into a little booklet and used it as an 'itinerary guide' for today, revealing to her one at a time what the present was. Throughout the booklet was little messages I had to tell her, accompanied with photos of us which I printed.



Here are just some random snippets from this booklet:









Sorry forgot to rotate










(Yes all deliberately kept small so you can't read my mushy messages HAHA. K i don't know if it becomes big and readable when you click it hope not.)

And more pictures from the day:









Lunch @ Swenson's!











iPhone can't do the focus-on-foreground effect










Baked rice










Seafood platter! Not bad. 3 calarami + 3 scallops + 1 breaded fish











Free Firehouse Icecream from Swenson's!
It's basically 3 scoops of chocolate/vanilla/strawberry (with raspberry bits at the bottom) with 3 lumps of whipped cream, and a little slice of banana in the middle. Whole thing is scattered with nuts. And yea 3 cherries.










Mad girl


The next series of photos are of the Mediacorp actress Yvonne Lim! She was at COURTS in Clementi for their opening event, so I snapped some photos:





















Looks really pretty in real life... or could it be the makeup?

For dinner, we went to Big 'O' Cafe. Everything is pretty overpriced though, we only ate there because we had a Groupon voucher.











I was getting quite sick with the flu by the end of the day, I'm warming myself with this glass of hot water here.











Butterfly-Heart necklace I gave her















The iPhone takes some really good food shots.










My pasta was waay overloaded with sauce - it  became too sweet/sour etc after a while of eating. I tried her chicken too and while it was tasty, it was a bit too dry. Needed some sauce to go with it.
Food was just average, wouldn't really recommend the place. Way overpriced, Swenson's was much nicer. Plus Swenson's has good desserts :p
















<3

Happy birthday once again my beloved  :)

1 comment:

  1. [...] The blog post I wrote is here, but the gist of it is that I got her 21 presents and slowly revealed to her each present throughout the course of the day. [...]

    ReplyDelete