Wednesday 5 January 2011

2011 Resolutions

Alright been wanting to do this for awhile but kept putting it off. Had it all written out in my head already, just have to transfer it to this blog haha.

Before that, one quick announcement -

I SOLD MY IPOD TOUCH.
So long, my friend

Very sad k, got sentimental value. And monetary value of course, of  $280! Which is pretty decent I guess for a secondhand. :/ (O.P. $336 i think) But very sad to part with it la, cos it's a gift from pewi. BUT, think of it this way - it's like he's getting me an iPhone! yea.

I posted my ad up on Monday afternoon, by Monday evening I got an offer for $270 already. I negotiated it up to $280 and the buyer arranged to meet me.. and within the next 24 hours I got another 3-4 offers! Wth. HWZ is full of buyers.
But yea, 280 was about the best I could get so I just sold it for that. Now, waiting till Feb 3rd till I can recontract and get my IPHONE4.

Hope something weird happens and the price somehow drops. 16 or 32GB though?


OK sorry for the slight digression, on to my 2011 resolutions!

1) SAVE MONEY ON FOOD
Like really, I spend like mad for a person as poor as me. My biggest expenditure is FOOD. I can't resist a good meal! Guh. I used to be very thrifty on food k, always eat cai fan, $2.30-$2.70 per meal only. But in the recent years I would happily have meals that were in the $10-20 price range. Which is not good!

I want to go for exchange in Year 3, that requires a shitloads of money already. And not to mention... I'm not a rich kid. I need to save save save. So this year, I aim to spend less on food!

I would write 'I need to save money in general' but then I just said I'm going to buy an iPhone so that is highly contradictory so... lol. Baby steps yea? Food first. =X


2) AS HIGH CAP AS POSSIBLE 5 PLEASE
One of my dreams before the previous semester of uni was to get into Dean's List, which is like the top 2% or 5% of your faculty. With a CAP of 4.4, I don't think this is possible. I need a 5 this sem! Which is like mad.. but... we'll see how things go :(

Going to work harder than last sem I hope. Less Starcraft2, less slacking, more mugging.


~~~
Wow ok I think that is it. lolol. There are some others but they aren't really strong enough convictions to want to define as a resolution. So I guess that's that, and I will see you guyssss next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment